Skip to main content

It’s Come To This: Indian Woman Creates Anti-Rape Jeans That Send Signals To Local Authorities

According to government figures, a rape occurs every 22 seconds in India. To address this horrendous statistic, two Indian entrepreneurs have developed genius and wearable tech.
The design is a line of “anti-rape” jeans, and the garments are programmed to send a distress signal to local police in the event of an attack.
The pants are equipped with geolocation technology, which leads emergency responders directly to the scene of the assault.
Diksha Pathak, 21, and Anjali Srivastava, 23, are the masterminds behind this design. The women are from India’s northern Varanasi city, and are hoping to expand their product nationwide following a regional trial.
The inventors shared with the press that they conceived their idea in the wake of a string of particularly brutal attacks in India. Specifically, the deaths of two young girls (ages 12 and 14) following gang rapes in Uttar Pradesh.
In Pathak’s own words:
We have been thinking of making this device for a long time. My father is often making himself ill with worry each time I am coming home late. These terrible gang rapes of women that we have heard so much about recently shocked me and my colleague to the very core. Hopefully no other women will have to suffer if they are wearing our clothing.
One pair of anti-rape pants is priced at 25p in India and lasts for three months before a requisite replacing of batteries. The world would be a better place if everyone tailored their designs to the purpose of safety and justice.
jeans-elite-daily


jeans-2-elite-daily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOR MY BLOG READER'S

It is not for me but for my readers. 'One' resolution fROM taday: I want to look like Aamir khan (without 8 packs) Bike or Car (and why): Car, I’ve three reasons for it 1. It’s safer than bike 2. I’ve always dreamt of going on a long drive with my soul-mate in a car. 3. While driving a car you can look into the eyes of.......... obviously you can guess?? J A chance to fly or a chance to be invisible (and why): Invisible, I suffer from Acrophobia (an extreme or irrational fear of heights). I would love to love: My parents, they deserve my love more than anyone in this world. Most recent Dream I had: I’m a kid again. Teacher in the school asks to describe a word and I was struggling L If I were to marry today, I would: If the girl is pretty, I would be delighted. If the girl is not so ..., I wouldn’t marry and convince everybody that I’m underage (I’m actually 20 years old). My Dream Girl is/would be: SHEEEE Best F...

100+ Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend

Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend : You know what is the basic reason of splitting up of many couples? It does not happen because they do not love each other enough now, but it happens because they forget to show their love to each other. In a relationship, mostly girls demand some attention and affection from their partners. And all you guys can give it to them with the help of sweet things to say to your girlfriend. Don’t let your ego ever comes between you two. Love has more power than any other thing in the world. Use this power to overcome all the problems in your relationship. These sweet things to say to your girlfriend are nothing when you are not feeling them. These are not just the lines but the feelings you hold in your heart for her but could not display all this while. 100+ Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend To help you more on this, I have compiled a list comprising of more than 100 sweet things to say to your girlfriend. These are simpl...

Inline Functions and their Uses

It’s a good practice to divide the program into several functions such that parts of the program don’t get repeated a lot and to make the code easily understandable. We all know that calling and returning from a function generates some overhead. The overhead is sometimes to such an extent that it makes significant effect on the overall speed of certain complex and function-oriented programs. In most cases, we have only a few functions that have extensive use and make significant impact on the performance of the whole program. Not using functions is not an option, using function-like macros is an option, but there is a better solution, to use Inline Functions. Yes, like it sounds, inline functions are expanded at the place of calling rather than being “really called” thus reducing the overhead. It means wherever we call an inline function, compiler will expand the code there and no actual calling will be done. Member functions of classes are generally made inline as in many case...