Skip to main content

ARFA KARIM: World's Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional Dies At 16

A 16-year-old Microsoft certified professional, 
considered to be the youngest in the world
 with that title, passed away this weekend after
 suffering health complications since December.
                                                     
Arfa Karim, who became the world's youngest Microsoft certified professional in 2005 at the age of nine, suffered an epileptic seizure and cardiac arrest on December 22, 2011 and had been in a coma since late December. She passed away this weekend in Pakistan after a tracheotomy complication led to bleeding in her throat on Saturday.

"We are grieving her loss but she was a strong child," said Karim's uncle. "She was God's gift to us and now she has returned to Him."

The Microsoft certified professional title is handed to those who are skilled in the use of Microsoft programs. After becoming a certified professional in 2005, Karim was invited to Microsoft's Redmond, Washington campus by Bill Gates himself. She toured the labs and met with Microsoft executives as well as Gates.

That same year, Karim received the Salaam Pakistan Youth Award from Pakistan's only Nobel Laureate Dr. Abdul Salam, and also won the Presidential Award for Pride of Performance.

After Karim fell ill, Gates offered to pay for her medical care and even suggested bringing her to the United States, but her doctors rejected the idea since she was on a ventilator.

The young prodigy now leaves many wondering what she could have accomplished in the field of information technology had she been given the opportunity.

"If you want to do something big in your life, you must remember that shyness is only the mind," said Karim in an interview with Seattle P-l. "If you think shy, you act shy. If you think confident, you act confident. Therefore never let shyness conquer your mind."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOR MY BLOG READER'S

It is not for me but for my readers. 'One' resolution fROM taday: I want to look like Aamir khan (without 8 packs) Bike or Car (and why): Car, I’ve three reasons for it 1. It’s safer than bike 2. I’ve always dreamt of going on a long drive with my soul-mate in a car. 3. While driving a car you can look into the eyes of.......... obviously you can guess?? J A chance to fly or a chance to be invisible (and why): Invisible, I suffer from Acrophobia (an extreme or irrational fear of heights). I would love to love: My parents, they deserve my love more than anyone in this world. Most recent Dream I had: I’m a kid again. Teacher in the school asks to describe a word and I was struggling L If I were to marry today, I would: If the girl is pretty, I would be delighted. If the girl is not so ..., I wouldn’t marry and convince everybody that I’m underage (I’m actually 20 years old). My Dream Girl is/would be: SHEEEE Best F...

100+ Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend

Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend : You know what is the basic reason of splitting up of many couples? It does not happen because they do not love each other enough now, but it happens because they forget to show their love to each other. In a relationship, mostly girls demand some attention and affection from their partners. And all you guys can give it to them with the help of sweet things to say to your girlfriend. Don’t let your ego ever comes between you two. Love has more power than any other thing in the world. Use this power to overcome all the problems in your relationship. These sweet things to say to your girlfriend are nothing when you are not feeling them. These are not just the lines but the feelings you hold in your heart for her but could not display all this while. 100+ Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend To help you more on this, I have compiled a list comprising of more than 100 sweet things to say to your girlfriend. These are simpl...

Inline Functions and their Uses

It’s a good practice to divide the program into several functions such that parts of the program don’t get repeated a lot and to make the code easily understandable. We all know that calling and returning from a function generates some overhead. The overhead is sometimes to such an extent that it makes significant effect on the overall speed of certain complex and function-oriented programs. In most cases, we have only a few functions that have extensive use and make significant impact on the performance of the whole program. Not using functions is not an option, using function-like macros is an option, but there is a better solution, to use Inline Functions. Yes, like it sounds, inline functions are expanded at the place of calling rather than being “really called” thus reducing the overhead. It means wherever we call an inline function, compiler will expand the code there and no actual calling will be done. Member functions of classes are generally made inline as in many case...