Skip to main content

Beware before you select “remember password” for any site

You must have seen this warning on many sites that you shouldn’t select “remember password” on a shared computer. Do you know exactly why they ask you to do that ? I would like to talk about one good reason why you should not be doing that.

Lets see how its dangerous in firefox when you select “Remember password” for any site.


When you click on “Remember” in the above image, anybody can see your username and password(in clear text) on your computer. If you want to confirm it , try this in Firefox . Click on tools->options . Select the “Security” tab and then click on “Show Password” in the pop up window that appears.


You (and others who have access to your computer) will be able to see all the usernames along with passwords for all the sites where you selected “Remember password”. So if its your own computer, you can set the master password so that others cant see the stored usernames and passwords. If you are using someone else computer then don’t choose the option of “Remember password”. On other browsers when you select “Remember password” ,your passwords usually get saved in cookies.

Have safe and secure surfing



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOR MY BLOG READER'S

It is not for me but for my readers. 'One' resolution fROM taday: I want to look like Aamir khan (without 8 packs) Bike or Car (and why): Car, I’ve three reasons for it 1. It’s safer than bike 2. I’ve always dreamt of going on a long drive with my soul-mate in a car. 3. While driving a car you can look into the eyes of.......... obviously you can guess?? J A chance to fly or a chance to be invisible (and why): Invisible, I suffer from Acrophobia (an extreme or irrational fear of heights). I would love to love: My parents, they deserve my love more than anyone in this world. Most recent Dream I had: I’m a kid again. Teacher in the school asks to describe a word and I was struggling L If I were to marry today, I would: If the girl is pretty, I would be delighted. If the girl is not so ..., I wouldn’t marry and convince everybody that I’m underage (I’m actually 20 years old). My Dream Girl is/would be: SHEEEE Best F...

100+ Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend

Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend : You know what is the basic reason of splitting up of many couples? It does not happen because they do not love each other enough now, but it happens because they forget to show their love to each other. In a relationship, mostly girls demand some attention and affection from their partners. And all you guys can give it to them with the help of sweet things to say to your girlfriend. Don’t let your ego ever comes between you two. Love has more power than any other thing in the world. Use this power to overcome all the problems in your relationship. These sweet things to say to your girlfriend are nothing when you are not feeling them. These are not just the lines but the feelings you hold in your heart for her but could not display all this while. 100+ Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend To help you more on this, I have compiled a list comprising of more than 100 sweet things to say to your girlfriend. These are simpl...

Inline Functions and their Uses

It’s a good practice to divide the program into several functions such that parts of the program don’t get repeated a lot and to make the code easily understandable. We all know that calling and returning from a function generates some overhead. The overhead is sometimes to such an extent that it makes significant effect on the overall speed of certain complex and function-oriented programs. In most cases, we have only a few functions that have extensive use and make significant impact on the performance of the whole program. Not using functions is not an option, using function-like macros is an option, but there is a better solution, to use Inline Functions. Yes, like it sounds, inline functions are expanded at the place of calling rather than being “really called” thus reducing the overhead. It means wherever we call an inline function, compiler will expand the code there and no actual calling will be done. Member functions of classes are generally made inline as in many case...