Skip to main content

One Small Mistake Of This Man Gives Him Big Losses He Had Never Ever Expected In His Wildest Dreams!

Just because of a single code error, the entire company of the man got deleted. Marco Marsala, the hosting provider accidentally told the computer to delete everything in the server. The traces of his company as well as websites have been deleted.

Server fault

On a forum, Mr. Marsala called for server experts and stated that he was stuck since the destructive code was accidentally run on the computers. However, instead of giving him an advise, the experts informed that the data of the company and clients was accidentally deleted by him. The entire company was deleted in 1 line of code.
laptop-fire

Problem command!

“rm-rf” was the problem command. This is a basic code that deletes everything. With ‘rm’ the computer is told to remove. With ‘r’ everything is deleted in a given directory. On the other hand ‘f’ means ‘force’ that informs computers to ignore usual warnings which come while deleting files. With this, everything on the PC was deleted by the code, including the customer websites.

Know more about Mr. Marsala!

Basically he runs a web hosting company which looks after internet connections and servers on which websites and files are stored. The code is so destructive that it can destroy everything. Normally, it wipes of specific parts pointed out. He has around 1535 customers and uses Ansible for automating operations for running on servers. He accidentally ran this bash script with rm -rf {foo}/{bar} with undefined variables. He also confirmed that with the code backups have been deleted. Now it is unlikely that he can recover any data. Recovering the company would take a lot of time and it is going to be expensive. People responded to his post but instead of helping him they told him to call a lawyer as his business was dead.

Share Your Views In Comments Below

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOR MY BLOG READER'S

It is not for me but for my readers. 'One' resolution fROM taday: I want to look like Aamir khan (without 8 packs) Bike or Car (and why): Car, I’ve three reasons for it 1. It’s safer than bike 2. I’ve always dreamt of going on a long drive with my soul-mate in a car. 3. While driving a car you can look into the eyes of.......... obviously you can guess?? J A chance to fly or a chance to be invisible (and why): Invisible, I suffer from Acrophobia (an extreme or irrational fear of heights). I would love to love: My parents, they deserve my love more than anyone in this world. Most recent Dream I had: I’m a kid again. Teacher in the school asks to describe a word and I was struggling L If I were to marry today, I would: If the girl is pretty, I would be delighted. If the girl is not so ..., I wouldn’t marry and convince everybody that I’m underage (I’m actually 20 years old). My Dream Girl is/would be: SHEEEE Best F...

100+ Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend

Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend : You know what is the basic reason of splitting up of many couples? It does not happen because they do not love each other enough now, but it happens because they forget to show their love to each other. In a relationship, mostly girls demand some attention and affection from their partners. And all you guys can give it to them with the help of sweet things to say to your girlfriend. Don’t let your ego ever comes between you two. Love has more power than any other thing in the world. Use this power to overcome all the problems in your relationship. These sweet things to say to your girlfriend are nothing when you are not feeling them. These are not just the lines but the feelings you hold in your heart for her but could not display all this while. 100+ Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend To help you more on this, I have compiled a list comprising of more than 100 sweet things to say to your girlfriend. These are simpl...

Inline Functions and their Uses

It’s a good practice to divide the program into several functions such that parts of the program don’t get repeated a lot and to make the code easily understandable. We all know that calling and returning from a function generates some overhead. The overhead is sometimes to such an extent that it makes significant effect on the overall speed of certain complex and function-oriented programs. In most cases, we have only a few functions that have extensive use and make significant impact on the performance of the whole program. Not using functions is not an option, using function-like macros is an option, but there is a better solution, to use Inline Functions. Yes, like it sounds, inline functions are expanded at the place of calling rather than being “really called” thus reducing the overhead. It means wherever we call an inline function, compiler will expand the code there and no actual calling will be done. Member functions of classes are generally made inline as in many case...